Item # WBGB-AN001-0010: High Street (looking west), Waynesburg, Greene County, Pennsylvania (1864)

WBGB-AN001-0010.jpg

Title

Item # WBGB-AN001-0010: High Street (looking west), Waynesburg, Greene County, Pennsylvania (1864)

Description

Dated 1864. Real-photo postcard of High Street (looking west) in Waynesburg, Greene County, Pennsylvania.

The Farmers & Drovers Bank stands prominently on the southwest corner of Morgan Street. Catty-corner to the bank, stands the frame house of one of its founders, Andrew Buchanan [1780-1848], who also served as the area's U.S. Congressman 1835-1839.

Across Morgan Street from the bank, is the brick Crawford Mansion that was replaced in 1870 by John T. Hook.

Original, no photographer or printer listed.

Archived at the Waynesburg Borough office (90 East High Street; Waynesburg, Pennsylvania 15370). Researched and digitized for the Greene Connections: Greene County, Pennsylvania Archives Project 2014.

Also see item # GCHS-AN027-0001-0018.

Creator

Waynesburg Borough (collection)
Waynesburg Places (series)

Identifier

WBGB-AN001-0010

Citation

Waynesburg Borough (collection) and Waynesburg Places (series), “Item # WBGB-AN001-0010: High Street (looking west), Waynesburg, Greene County, Pennsylvania (1864),” Greene Connections, accessed November 15, 2018, https://greeneconnections.omeka.net/items/show/623.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Social Bookmarking